Terms and Privacy
Data and privacy
You can find our "plain English" Data Principles here.
In the text that follows:
- ‘Kopernio’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refer to Kopernio Limited. Our company address is Friars House, Blackfriars Road, London, England, SE1 8EZ. Our company registration number is 10287237;
- ‘Kopernio Website’ refers to webpages hosted under kopernio.com and associated sub-domains;
- ‘Kopernio Plugin’ refers to the browser plugins available from the Google Chrome Store, the Mozilla Add-on Store and direct from the Kopernio Website.
- ‘User’ or ‘you’ refers to the user/viewer of the Kopernio Website and/or Kopernio Plugin.
Use of the Kopernio website and the Kopernio Plugin is subject to the following terms:
- the content of the pages of the Kopernio Website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice;
- neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on the Kopernio Website and via the Kopernio Plugin for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law;
- your use of any information or materials from the Kopernio Website or obtained via the Kopernio Plugin is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available from the Kopernio Website or obtained via the Kopernio Plugin meet your specific requirements;
- the Kopernio Website and the Kopernio Plugin contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions;
- unauthorised use of the Kopernio Website or the Kopernio Plugin may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence;
- the Kopernio Website or Kopernio Plugin may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s);
- Although we make every effort to ensure that the services we offer operate smoothly, the nature of our application relies on external services over which we have no control. If these services fail in any way the Kopernio Website and/or Kopernio Plugin is unlikely to be able to function as normal;
- we reserve the right to terminate any account should we believe that the user is using the Kopernio Website and/or Kopernio Plugin inappropriately;
- access to the Kopernio Website and/or Kopernio Plugin may be limited to a maximum number of times and/or duration in a given period of time;
- Kopernio and/or third party providers may make improvements and/or changes in products, support, services, utilities, and/or other Kopernio Website and/or Kopernio Plugin content (including these Terms) at any time with or without notice;
- Kopernio may provide notice of changes to these Terms (or other Kopernio Website and/or Kopernio Plugin content) by displaying notices on this site or other communication means. A User who accesses this site after changes have been posted on the site or otherwise communicated, shall be bound by such changes as soon as such notices or new Terms are posted to the site or otherwise communicated, even if User does not visit the page on which the change or new Terms are displayed. Frequent review of this site and these Terms is therefore recommended;
- all Kopernio Website and/or Kopernio Plugin content and services are provided "as is" and "as available" and Kopernio expressly disclaims, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, any warranties and representations of any kind (Warranties) with respect to Kopernio Website and/or Kopernio Plugin content and services, either expressed or implied, including any implied warranties of merchantability, satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement of third party intellectual property rights;
- the User shall indemnify Kopernio, Kopernio Affiliates and their officers, agents, employees and service providers and hold them harmless in respect of all losses, costs, proceedings, damages, expenses (including reasonable legal costs and expenses) or liabilities howsoever incurred by any of them as a result of any claim by a third party resulting from a breach or non-observance by User of any prohibition, or restriction on User's activities in relation to this site contained in these Terms, or of any undertaking, representation or warranty of User contained in these Terms and in relation to any claim by any person in respect of matters, responsibilities or obligations that have been disclaimed by Kopernio under these Terms;
- the User is responsible for ensuring that their use of the Kopernio Website and/or Kopernio Plugin does not conflict with contractual agreements between the User and any content aggregators or providers or publishers, between the User and any intuitions to which they may be affiliated, between the User and their employer, and between the User and any other relevant third-parties;
- the User is responsible for ensuring that their use of the Kopernio Website and/or Kopernio Plugin does not conflict with any agreement between the User and of any content aggregators or providers or publishers, between the User and any institution(s) with which they may be affiliated, between the User and their employer, and/or between the User and any other relevant third parties;
- Kopernio fully recognises and respects the intellectual property rights of others, just as we expect the User and others to respect our rights. The User is responsible for ensuring that (i) their use any content or information linked to or downloaded by the Kopernio Plugin does not infringe anyone else’s rights, and (ii) they have all necessary rights to use any content or information so linked to and accessed;
- if any provision of these Terms is held to be unenforceable, the unenforceable provision shall be deemed to be replaced by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision. This shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions;
- your use of the Kopernio Website and/or Kopernio Plugin and any dispute arising out of such use of the Kopernio Website and/or Kopernio Plugin is subject to the laws of England.